Mount vernon ar Ignitor sparking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bkelly

Nov 15, 2020
Idaho
I just installed a new igniter it ran for about 2 hours then tripped the breaker. I pulled the ash pan and noticed the new igniter is sparking right near the wing nut. I've gone through three or four igniters over the last year or two what could be causing this failure?

Zrock,

Let me start over. The stove ran for two hours with no issues. After it preformed the auto cleaning it loaded pallets and tripped the breaker. I saw a"flash" just before the breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and plugged the stove back in and it immediately started to spark where the wires connect to the heating element.

Does that make more sense?

Yes get a new igniter. Some how the wires got cought up in the self clean linkage and has been damaged