mounting the boiler fan outdoors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Rohr

Minister of Fire
Jan 9, 2008
SW Missouri
the noise of the inducer fan on my EKO gets on my nerves when I work in the shop all day. I started to move the fan outside and pipe it into the front of the boiler. Mark from EconoBurn thought the cold winter air would not be desireable for the boiler.

I'm thinking about mounting the fan outside but piping the air from above the boiler so it is pre-heated. Has anybody tried a remote mounted fan?

hr

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-23 at 12.32.29 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-23 at 12.32.29 PM.png
    46 KB · Views: 119
Never tried that. How cold does it get in SW Missouri? And how would the fan perform under that cold condition? Could you soundproof or at least lessen the sound from the fan and leave it where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.