Mr. Flame/Mr. Fireplace Radiator Blower Fan - Need a quieter one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Hearth Supporter
May 24, 2010
Northern KY
Hello,

I'm a rookie fireplace guy (and a newbie here too).

I'm using a Mr. Fireplace Radiator set-up in my fireplace. It's working pretty well but the blower fan is noisy.
Can anyone suggest a super quiet one?

I'd like to turn it up and force a little more air through the plenum. The fireplace is in my living room with the TV and what-not - If I turn the fan up it's just too noisy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

What type of noise are you hearing, more air movement usually means a higher level of noise.

It's the whole thing really...
When I turn the fan up I hear the whoosh of the air being sucked into the blower box, The whir of the fan at higher rpms, and the general buzzing of the casement box enclosing the fan vibrating.
It's just too much racket to deal with during a quiet evening in the living room in front of the fire.

Turn it off and watch the fire.

Really ..... I'm getting really good heat out of it.
I know you won't believe me from reading other posts on this forum concerning radiators..... but, really .... IT"S ALL GOOD HEAT.

I'm just looking for some suugestions about a better fan ... not a kick in the ribs over the type of heat I'm using.
Please.

No kick in the ribs here. Just like with a wood stove or fireplace insert. If the blower is too loud you turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.