MS261 technology

ampamp Posted By ampamp, May 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM

1. StihlHead

StihlHead
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Sorry, that won't happen. 661 is already being tested in Europe and it is basically a larger version of the 441. It will be M-tronic, spring loaded, SS muffler, etc., but no FI. Some debate if it has quad ports, like the 461 (and ye olde 361). Here is a photo of the 661 from a friend in Germany, who says it has been seen at trade shows there and will be available there in October:

ms - 661.jpg

2. mikefrommaine

mikefrommaine
    Guest 2.
    NULL

The future is here. These pics just strike me as wrong.

[​IMG][​IMG]

StihlHead likes this.
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Friend of mine just bought a '76 Suzuki GT750, 750cc 2 stroke triple ::-), oil injected.

StihlHead likes this.
  4. StihlHead

StihlHead
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Oooooh, a smokey water cooled 3 cylinder. I had a riding buddy with one of those. I bought one of the first year replacements for that bike, a new '77 Suzuki GS750. I put a Vetter Windjammer on it and I rode hard and fast off all over the western US. A 4 banger 4 stroke. No need to add oil to the gas. :cool:

5. StihlHead

StihlHead
    Guest 2.
    NULL

What's that line in Spaceballs? When Rick Moranis as Darth Helmet says: "F**k! Even in the future nothing works!"

MasterMech likes this.
  6. Todd 2

Todd 2
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 17, 2012
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I really like my new 261, power to weight with the 18" bar is more than I hoped for, easy to service, the air filter and compartment seem to never get dirty (keep it touched up sharp all the time and it makes no dust) I left the house to go purchase a new 550 (I am a Husky fan) and came home with the 261 and I have NO regrets, the saw even has an awesome sound to it at an idle, seems to get a little stronger once you get into your 2nd to 3rd cord of wood.
    She rips right through all hard woods really well for a 50cc class saw, right up to 18" My favorite thing is the weight to power though, I can run it for 4-6 hrs in a day and still feel like running it again the next day. Glad now that I spent the extra on a pro series saw. :)

Todd

7. TreePointer

TreePointer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Western PA
    Bingo! As I get older, I like my pro 50cc saw more and more.