1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

MS261 technology

Post in 'The Gear' started by ampamp, May 23, 2013.

1. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

Sorry, that won't happen. 661 is already being tested in Europe and it is basically a larger version of the 441. It will be M-tronic, spring loaded, SS muffler, etc., but no FI. Some debate if it has quad ports, like the 461 (and ye olde 361). Here is a photo of the 661 from a friend in Germany, who says it has been seen at trade shows there and will be available there in October:

ms - 661.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. The future is here. These pics just strike me as wrong.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    StihlHead likes this.
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Friend of mine just bought a '76 Suzuki GT750, 750cc 2 stroke triple ::-), oil injected.
    StihlHead likes this.
  4. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

Oooooh, a smokey water cooled 3 cylinder. I had a riding buddy with one of those. I bought one of the first year replacements for that bike, a new '77 Suzuki GS750. I put a Vetter Windjammer on it and I rode hard and fast off all over the western US. A 4 banger 4 stroke. No need to add oil to the gas. :cool:
  5. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

What's that line in Spaceballs? When Rick Moranis as Darth Helmet says: "F**k! Even in the future nothing works!"
    MasterMech likes this.
  6. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio Atwood Lake
    I really like my new 261, power to weight with the 18" bar is more than I hoped for, easy to service, the air filter and compartment seem to never get dirty (keep it touched up sharp all the time and it makes no dust) I left the house to go purchase a new 550 (I am a Husky fan) and came home with the 261 and I have NO regrets, the saw even has an awesome sound to it at an idle, seems to get a little stronger once you get into your 2nd to 3rd cord of wood.
    She rips right through all hard woods really well for a 50cc class saw, right up to 18" My favorite thing is the weight to power though, I can run it for 4-6 hrs in a day and still feel like running it again the next day. Glad now that I spent the extra on a pro series saw. :)

Todd
  7. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    Bingo! As I get older, I like my pro 50cc saw more and more.