MS280__Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mecreature said:
reply from stihl tech,

I contacted the dealer (Brad) he and I worked together, please take your saw to them and they will repair it n/c to you.

thank you

Hurray!! I was beginning to regret buying my STIHL.

MasterMech said:
Dealer's should have no reason to give you the runaround as they get PAID parts + shop labor to fix the product. They may not get as much labor time as they'd like but it's not like they're expected to eat the repair.

As a tech I have seen many, many "warranty" issues paid in full by Stihl despite the failure being caused by obvious operator inexperience/neglect.

They were just making me work for it. A task you have to be up to I guess.
from what I gather the deal has to approve the claims on anything this structural with Stihl.
I am sure there are a ton of things I could take it in for and no questions would be asked.

If I was working for the dealer and I brought that saw in. I would say how the Hell did you do that?
First I would think it was dropped. Second I would think that it got pinched and was being pulled on to free it.
Then I would fix it and send Stihl the bill. Doubtful you would ever have to eat the bill.

firebroad said:
mecreature said:
reply from stihl tech,

I contacted the dealer (Brad) he and I worked together, please take your saw to them and they will repair it n/c to you.

thank you

If I end up with any regrets it will be not buying a 362 or 440.

This 280 with a 16 in bar and a 440 would be a perfect 2 saw plan.

But what do I know.

Glad it worked out for ya! Good on stihl and good on your shop.

mecreature said:
firebroad said:
mecreature said:
reply from stihl tech,

thank you

But what do I know.

You will always have that regret! 280 would be a little heavy to be perfect with a 2 saw plan...jmo 180 or any top handle saw with a 60-80cc saw is as fast as it gets. ;-)

Bocefus78 said:
Glad it worked out for ya! Good on stihl and good on your shop.

I was kind of wondering when they would step up, or if they would.

smokinjay said:
mecreature said:
firebroad said:
mecreature said:
reply from stihl tech,

thank you

But what do I know.

You will always have that regret! 280 would be a little heavy to be perfect with a 2 saw plan...jmo 180 or any top handle saw with a 60-80cc saw is as fast as it gets. ;-)

You are probably right. I did get a 435 husky refurb a month or so ago. It is a pretty light saw 9.2 lbs and 41cc. Not a bad saw at that price.

mecreature said:
firebroad said:
mecreature said:
reply from stihl tech,

thank you

But what do I know.

The MS 440 Magnum IS the perfect 2 saw plan. All by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.