Mt Vernon AE wall control with sticking buttons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
A couple of the buttons on the wall control are starting to stick in. Any suggestions for cleaning or another solution?

Thanks BIH

P.S. Hi KAP !!!!

Solution is you should of bought a Harman:p.
Just kidding. You could pop it apart and try to clean the keypad contacts. Other than that you might have to replace it.

I would stop by Radio Shack and get a can of contact cleaner (spray). Take cover off and clean without soaking the board itself (i.e., just the buttons on the cover).

I hate that wall control, FWIW. Would have bought a Harman had I understood the MVAE's reliance on the wall control. One of the stupidest designs ever created. My condolences.

Hi BH. Long time. As suggested above on cleaning buttons. I have had no such issues, and mine is as old as yours. Stay warm. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.