Mt. Vernon ehaust blower makeing noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Hearth Supporter
Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
My Mt. Vernon is making strange noises when it it starting up and when it is cooling down nothing else is running. When it is running you dont hear it. But five years of constant running I guess it is time to buy a new one. I just need the motor not the blower housing all I can find on line is the whole unit for 250.00. I am going to buy from my local dealer can you just get the motor its self? and can I get the old one rewound and bearings replaced to keep as a spare?
thanks Chris

Chris,

I have never seen just the motor for sale. It is a strange unit the way it is put together. I am getting noise out of mine also and had the unit out 3 days ago thinking the bearings were starting to go. They are sealed and were not making noise while running out of the stove. I didn't look all that closely but I think the motor unit is riveted together and designed not to be worked on. I did find that the screws holding the motor assembly onto the fan housing were somewhat loose. Make sure you have a new gasket before you start. I would get the red reuseable one if I ever take the unit apart again. I made my own gasket to replace the fiberglas one that was there and it ended up being a nightmare to get everything back together.

David

bkfc255 said:
...... I just need the motor not the blower housing all I can find on line is the whole unit for 250.00....... can you just get the motor its self? and can I get the old one rewound and bearings replaced to keep as a spare?
thanks Chris

Have you tried the local Grainger's? Take the motor with you to match it up...they have a LOT of motors.

Have you tried these places?

www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace.htm

www.stove-parts.net/Quadrafire_Parts_s/23.htm

http://energypartsplus.com/mivastore/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=EPP&Category_Code=QCB

www.cshincorporated.com/index.php/cPath/109

Well the stove is apart. it was unbarable to listen to. everything looks okay no chunks in the housing. It just sounded like metal on metal. called the dealer said out of stock will have them late today or tomorrow. you really hear it when the convection blower is off and it is just cooling the unit down. the price for a new one is 160.00 plus a new gasket. you said they make a reusable silicone one? just to let you guys know it is a jakel motor cant seem to find this motor on line. maybe I can have this on rebuilt and keep it as a spare. I got five years out of it, it is my main heating source. so I would say I got my money out. Just to let you know I contacted electric motor wharehouse and dont have my unit in stock.

I didn't know what the reuseable gasket was made of. I would not under any reason use the high temp silicone for making this gasket. Order one from Wood stoves or get one from your dealer. Did you see clear cut evidence of why your are hearing noise? Is the motor your replacing the exhaust or the warm air motor?

David

David

Be careful tightening down the nuts when replacing the motor. The new red gasket is thicker than the white one and it is difficult to get the nuts and bolts to tighten down. I pulled one through the housing doing so.

BIH

It is the exhaust blower that is my issue. I just called the blowers are not in yet. he told me to call back after 3 on tues. Not happy with this service, you would think at this time of year you would have ample stock.

bkfc255 said:
It is the exhaust blower that is my issue. I just called the blowers are not in yet. he told me to call back after 3 on tues. Not happy with this service, you would think at this time of year you would have ample stock.

lmao, a stove company that keeps ample inventory?? all the big ones always have product shortfall every year. Quad parts have been hard to keep on the shelf, and harder to re-stock. some are on back-order until late febuary!!

http://woodheatstoves.com/blower-combustion-7034033-p-2034.html
mnt Vernon ae blower, not in stock, we sell very few of these

http://woodheatstoves.com/mount-vernon-exhaust-blower-p-1738.html
mnt Vernon blower, in stock, we sell lots of these. Will do better than online price as it is in stock. Only 3 left though….

Status
Not open for further replies.