1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Mt vernon installation question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kingteto, May 12, 2014.

1. kingteto

kingteto New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Hi All,

I will install my Mt vernon insert into the gas fireplace opening.. As you can see the existing vent opening is kind low.. So is it OK to put the 90 elbow and exist out (option #1) .. OR as (option #2) I can put adapter then 90 elbow..
    My questions:
    1- Option # 2 is better for me but my concern is the 90 degree is touching the back shield of the stove (see pic).. Is that OK?
    2- As you can see, the vertical run for the vent is too short is that OK for Mt vernon insert? I will exit from the existing opening as shown in the pic and extend the pipe horizontally 12 inches and put the cap.

Thanks for all your help!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    Should not hurt hitting the shield.I would be more concerned that the zero clearance gas box is rated for a pellet stove.
  3. kingteto

kingteto New Member

Loc:
    CT
    delete.png

On Page 10 in the manual (attached) , they show installation option within metal fireplace. Isn't the same as what I have?

http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/7034_277.pdf
  4. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    Don't know never did one,just wanted you to be safe.
    kingteto likes this.
  5. kingteto

kingteto New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Thank you .. It's good point.