Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the control board issues were resolved by 2009. Another thing would be to make sure it has the updated burn pot. Otherwise, it should be good to go.

I was considering buying a used one and looked into all of this, but ended up going new.

There are numbers on the burn pot it looks like a date 08-09-11 or a serial number. The sticker on the back states built in 2009

Can someone tell me what the burn pot issue was and the negative impact of not changing it out? I am going to check my stove but I would assume my pot is updated since the stove was purchased in Jan of last year.

Thanks,

Leo

Mr GreenBean said:
Can someone tell me what the burn pot issue was and the negative impact of not changing it out? I am going to check my stove but I would assume my pot is updated since the stove was purchased in Jan of last year.

Thanks,

Leo

ignitor life.

Status
Not open for further replies.