Multi fuel Englander, Cherry pits setting, heat on 1 blower 4, how- to turn the feed rate any lower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NChap85

Jan 3, 2015
Willow Street, PA
Any help appreciated Tech said unplug/replug, up/down arrows same time release then; heat range 6 for cherry pit mode...then set at a 1 - 1 - 0...still more fuel than I need once running even w/ 1 heat and 4 blower very hot...can I slow down top feed auger?....I could easily get 2.5 days burn out of cherry pits if I could get it to feed cur back a little bit

So even on 1 of 9 heat setting you're getting more heat than you need? I need try me some of them cherry pits. :)

Since you have the left button on 1, I am not sure how you can lower the feed rate further. I think we agreed that cherry pit mode has the lowest feed settings so I'm not sure what more you can do?

Perhaps Mike from ESW will chime in...

Reactions: NChap85
where'd ya get cherry pits at!?

So even on 1 of 9 heat setting you're getting more heat than you need? I need try me some of them cherry pits. :)

Since you have the left button on 1, I am not sure how you can lower the feed rate further. I think we agreed that cherry pit mode has the lowest feed settings so I'm not sure what more you can do?

Perhaps Mike from ESW will chime in...
I'm now on a 1 heat...5 blower, top of stove is radiating heat like crazy. Not complaining the rest of the week is going to be the coldest of the year for days. But it's hot in here and 22 outside calling for 3- 5 degrees outside...windchill -12... I would like to get into the factory top auger settings somehow for the cherry pit mode and throttle back, just seems like a waste of good fuel...and i don't want to shut it down once hot (for a while anyway)...alot easier clean up than pellets too..just dusts off with small paint brush.

where'd ya get cherry pits at!?
Myerstown pa...online it said Kingdom Biofuel...card says different..Amish, gave me 1 ton plus 3 bags, for the same price as pellets sold by the bag here

Attachments

• 1420510075843.jpg
    1420510075843.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 105
I'm now on a 1 heat...5 blower, top of stove is radiating heat like crazy. Not complaining the rest of the week is going to be the coldest of the year for days. But it's hot in here and 22 outside calling for 3- 5 degrees outside...windchill -12... I would like to get into the factory top auger settings somehow for the cherry pit mode and throttle back, just seems like a waste of good fuel...and i don't want to shut it down once hot (for a while anyway)...alot easier clean up than pellets too..just dusts off with small paint brush.

Did you ever try running in pellet or corn mode with the pits? I was just reading that the cherry pits are less dense and burn quick, perhaps the feed rate is faster with cherries? I guess I'm just not sure now...

Thanksbuddy..and . thought about trying that. .but didn't know what else it might change? Wish I had more incite as to modes vs fuel air rates..All that technical stuff probably no one care about but me...guys I'm a fine tune er especially when it comes to fuel consumption

I ran a few bags of pits about 10 years ago. They suck. Burn fast, lots of ash too. I'd only use pits if no pellets or corn was available.

Just like there a good pellets and bad...don't know what your moisture was burn rate air ...so many variables PITs are the BEST HEAT SO FAR I'm my stove...JUST NEED TO DIAL In STOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.