Multi-fuel stove smokeless fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gwladok

Jun 1, 2022
Wombourne, South Staffs
Hi! I'm wondering whether anyone can help me with regards to the best smokeless fuel to use on my multi fuel fire?

I'm surprised that most manufacturers and their retailers do not show details of their fuels ie. Sulphur content, ash content & calorific value (heat output kj/kg)

One manufacturer has stated that some of this info is a trade secret!

It's impossible to find this info anywhere on the internet & I'm wondering if DEFRA would reveal it?

My simple problem is the wide variation in the pricing of products; there's no way of comparing them & reviews of products are rare

I'm not being a miser but with some products at £12.50 for 25kg compared to £17.25 that's a hell of a price variance!!

Just wondering if anyone out there can offer some guidance?

Thanks

This is from Cubix
Hardwood pellets are made from the waste from their flooring manufacturing plant
Welcome to he Forum
1654108225638.png