1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Must be spring - the bears are out!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by webbie, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    This little troublemaker (I think collar is for "bad" bears that like peoples houses) was in the neighborhood today.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    Ohh man, that shure makes me not want spring to come. We have alot of bears around the property. We have to keep the garage closed and the bbq and trash all stowed away. We see bears almost every morning and they make my wife nervous (and me a little too). It only took one time of leaving the trash out, now there part of the family. I will have to get some good photos. I do have one quick story.
    We have a breezway that connects my house to my garage, one morning last fall my wife was leaving from work and there was a bear on the breezway right by the front door. We had a little poodle at the time, which ran like a bat out of hell after the bear and chased it off. Its was one of the most funny sights i have seen in a while. I thouhgt for shure she was a goner, but a few minutes later she came prancing back all proud of her self. Good doggie!
    Ryan
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    A guy sent me a video yesterday of a house cat chasing a bear away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.