1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

MWP - Response from Scot L

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by subsailor, Apr 22, 2013.

1. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I had e-mailed several questions to Scot L at MWP several weeks ago and received a response today. (He was on vacation). I asked if they were going to do 2 softwood runs this year like last year. While not answering directly, he said they were going to do a run later in the summer because they wanted to let the pine dry a bit before making the pellets, so I don't know if they were doing a spring run or not.

I also asked if HD was going to be selling their pellets this year. He said year they ordered 5000 tons and ended up taking 8000 between Aug and Sept. Bids for this year were due a month ago and he still hasn't heard anything, so he's not sure if they will buy any or not. He did mention that Tractor Supply will be carrying them and they bought more than HD and Walmart combined.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

good info, Swabby......thanks!
  3. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Thanks I always got mine at TSC as they are about a mile from me. HD is about 15 miles, although I was contemplating buying a 10% off coupon on ebay and buying several tons at HD for next winter.
  4. TriMom

TriMom New Member

Are the labels and/or bags different for blend or softwood MWP?
  5. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    Thanks for the "HeadsUp" using Pine huh ??? No wonder they are what they are !
  6. St_Earl

St_Earl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    millinocket, north central maine
    do you have any dealers selling your product (softwoods) who deliver to the millinocket area?
    i'm curious as to the price per ton delivered if anyone will bring them here. any contact info appreciated.
  7. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

yes, TriMom, the bags are different, with the softwood ones actually marked as softwood.