My 025 is Cutting off!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieT

Aug 13, 2015
Birmingham, AL
My normally Steady Eddie Stihl 025 has been a bit problematic lately.
Was taking 10-12 pulls to get her fired up.
New air filter, fuel filter, fuel line, spark plug, running ethanol fuel, my Stihl Tech friend adjusted the carb and high and low...now I have to keep her throttled to cut...else she cuts out!:confused:

Any advice or fix it remedies?
Thanks

You mentioned new spark plug. Did you check that the gap is set correctly ? Should be fine when new but you never know if it got pushed in or something. If the gaps off depending on the degree it can cause running issues.

my Stihl Tech friend adjusted the carb and high and low...now I have to keep her throttled to cut...else she cuts out!

I find this curious and maybe something to pay attention to....

Its akin to "my friend fixed it, now it doesn't work";)

Is idle screw (TAS) in (CW) enough? Idle should be where chain almost moves.

Reactions: jatoxico
The word "impulse" is conspicuously absent here...
Yes...as in impulse line?...it was conspicuously omitted...probably much to my chagrin!==c

Yes...as in impulse line?...it was conspicuously omitted...probably much to my chagrin!==c

Yep. Definitely worth checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.