My 2 year supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
So I just don't have enough room for a 3 year supply. I have just about maxed out the space that my wife allows me to use for my hoarding issue. The wood in the backyard(woodshed and stuff near it)is for this winter. A little over 4 chords. I after this weekend I'll have next years 4 chords done as well. Single rows, top covered. It's all a bit messy as I'm still in the middle of cleaning up this side of the house. I'll put up some pics at the end of the weekend proving my work. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Looks nice and tidy, great work!

Love the stash and I use the same top-cover. I'll tell ya', it really tickled me when I saw the doors on what I expected was an open-air building. It reminded me of my usual frustration when I forget to think something all the way through...

"Oh yeah, I'll need some walls!":)

Very nice, Tigger. How's your buddy's house after that locust came down on it? He didn't look happy in those pictures. I'm still working on stacking all my Cherry and splitting the Locust up, the stuff is GNARLY. Gonna go take down some Larch this week, then I'll be about out of room too.

image.jpg His bedroom is the window under where the trees fell. He is lucky! And I got lots of free wood. Win win!!!!

Tigger, Instead of single rows, why not stack in double rows and make them taller? You could fit more wood in there if you ask me.

I feel like the single rows can dry faster. If I double it may hold more but take longer to dry. It's on the north side of my house as is. The stack in the back yard is doubled up. The land on the side of the house slopes front to back and left to right. Basically I need a bigger piece of land to support my hoarding!

Glad to see that wasn't catastrophic damage. He (and you) are both very lucky. We had 3 elms we had to drop in our yard this spring due to the elm seed bug invasion (thanks, whoever brought those bastards from europe), and one had a very irregularly balanced branch that landed on our north roof, only took out 2 shingles, though. Our house was built in 1949 right after the Reds got the bomb, so it's pretty tough. The neighbors got a heck of a show, though. And of course, my valley in Idaho was the first place in the western hemisphere those stupid bugs popped up. Figures. Do a search on them, they are INSANE.

Your ready for a good Nor'easter.

So, you called yourself out at the beginning of the weekend... we need to see the results, now!

So I finished splitting all of the wood. Looks like I have about 5 cords of wood here. I have another 4+ in the back yard for this winter. I also hung a few more sections of fence so my neighbor doesn't have to look at my wood .

Yard Pic.jpg

I ran out of plastic for the topcovering. I will hit Home Depot on the way home. Suppose to rain later this week. Most all of this is Locust and Cherry.Yard Pic22.gif

Reactions: chazcarr
Status
Not open for further replies.