Started with the original 1976 Preway z/c fireplace. We found some scary stuff along the way. Hole in the firestop for the ceiling, and lots of blown in insulation trapped around the fireplace. One of the intake tubes was venting smoke into my attic and the other wasn't attached at all. It was dumping cold attic air in all winter. Finally got the fire hazard out My living room full of stone!! We went with a drystack look After alot of work, we have real wood heat All the work was performed by me and my father. I figure that we have about 25hrs just in the stonework. This was a ton of work but very much worth it. The compete build album is Here if anyone wants to see more pics..