1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My baby's baby bunnies

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by SolarAndWood, Jul 28, 2010.

1. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Some hare brain thought the fence around the garden was a good place for a nest. My wife intervened before the dog finished her work.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. North of 60

North of 60 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Yukon Canada
    Moma Rabbits gone? RE: Woof Woof. Let us know what you name those cute devils. I am pretty sure she will have a name picked out for them. Nice seasoned pile of wood by the way also.
  3. SolarAndWood

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    The dog is a concrete block on legs so I doubt she chased mama down. Lisa, scratches and booboo. Lisa is the only one of the original 6 that survived the dog unscathed.
  4. mikepinto65

mikepinto65 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Webster, MA
    Very cute daughter! Good luck with those bunnies, probably best to keep them in a cage outside though...I remember having one once and it chewed EVERYTHING in the house (it didnt last very long).
  5. SolarAndWood

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Thanks Mike, nature ran its course pretty quickly after they were put back in the rehabbed nest.
  6. mikepinto65

mikepinto65 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Webster, MA
    Ah, I see. Thought she'd be kepping them, bet she'll be keeping a close eye out for them!
  7. BucksCoBernie

BucksCoBernie New Member

Solar,
    I missed 2 baby rabbits by an inch with the weed whacker last summer while clearing around the garden beds. The mother only comes around once a day, usually around dusk...shes off doing other things like getting busy like a rabbit. Just leave the bunnies in their spot and mom will be back....they will usually leave the area in about a month. My wife and I had fun watching them grow up. havent seen them around this year.