My birthday present

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Wow! I did not expect this. I have been talking amongst friends and family about getting a new lighter smaller saw. I come home today and my girlfriend has this waiting for me.......

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node3284.aspx?nid=59518&pid=36722

Sorry, I am not up on the hyperlink thing.

This saw is going to cost me a fourtune!!!!!!!! I guess now I have to hold onto this girl.

KC

nice present!! does she have a sister??? ;)

Actually she has FIVE sisters.

And, yes her father makes a good drinking partner after having six girls.

She's a keeper ! lol
Happy Birthday.

Juts my opinion, but i think you'd been happier with the 346xp. I do like the 8.8 pds thou on the 339.

Sounds like a keeper

Sounds like she may be a keeper.

This post reminded me of a few Christmases back when my wife bought me a Husky as a gift . . . nothing says Merry Christmas like unwrapping a chainsaw for the holiday. ;) :)

LLigetfa said:
firefighterjake said:
. . . nothing says Merry Christmas like unwrapping a chainsaw for the holiday. ;) :)
Funny how if we were to buy them a tool like say, a vacuum cleaner, we'd be in the doghouse but the other way around...

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/VideoPage.aspx

Funny that you mention a vacuum cleaner . . . I actually had the common sense this year to ask my wife if she would consider a vacuum cleaner a good Christmas gift . . . of course as you guessed, the answer was a resounding no.

But she still wants a new vacuum, just not for christmas. "Good idea, I want a new vacuum. But you still have to get me a present!" Whereas a guy is happy with just a saw. Who wants more useless stuff sitting around the house anyway? Get me something I need.

Was that saw for her ?

My wife bought me my first husky for our first anniversary..a Husky 61.

Since then I run a 372 and she uses a 338. I also use the 338 for pruning apples or when I need carry a saw when I go up in the woods, but don't expect to use it. The 338 you can run one handed, which is probably not recommended, but when it's awful nice when your other hand is hanging on to the top rung of a ladder or a branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.