My collection of stoves now reaches two.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
I just picked up a used Intrepid II w/cat in pretty good shape from an older individual who was selling it due to he just had heart surgery and no longer wanted to deal with wood burning. It has the rear and bottom heat shield. And this leads me to my question.

Will the two heat shields help the stove push the heat out forward? The stove will be in a small fireplace (just over 26" high) and I was wondering if the heat shields will give me the added benefit of deflecting the heat out towards the room more than it would if it didn't have the shields.

Looking forward to seeing what type of punch the little guy has. If I get about 800 square feet of heat out of the little bastard that would kick ass. I would still be happy if it only heated 450 square feet.

BrowningBAR said:
...Will the two heat shields help the stove push the heat out forward?...

Probably, to a degree (so to speak). A blower or fan would make all the difference in the world. Is there a blower kit available for the stove? Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.