My Dovre 525 Install and further ideas needed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth83

Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2010
UK
I thought this would be a good site to get a few opinions. Last year I installed a Dovre 525 Woodburner with the build pics as follows:

CIMG0793.jpg

CIMG1232.jpg

CIMG1234.jpg

CIMG1329.jpg

CIMG1333.jpg

CIMG1331.jpg

CIMG1455.jpg

CIMG1520.jpg

CIMG1558.jpg

CIMG1560.jpg

03092010610.jpg

tv.jpg

As you can see I worked hard getting the fire in. Now I have just fitted laminate flooring I would like to build some cupboards and shelves either side of the chimney breast. I am also thinking of some kind of mantle-piece.

Thoughts and opinions needed.

I'd like cupboards/shelves similar to this:

52539d1176412891-neat-av-install-lounge-room-refurb-victorian-terrace-070303-lounge-1-.jpg

but would also like a more traditional fire surround/mantle-piece. Would something like a floating oak mantle work with the white units?

07140921-01060046firepla.jpg

What do you reckon I should do? Should I also widen the hearth to the full width of the breast? MAybe redo in natural slate? So many ideas floating round in my head. I want to combine traditional with contemporary.

Nice loooking stove. It would look nice with some shelving on the sides. Take a look at the gallery section on this site you may find some more ideas to make your head spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.