My firewood/log sled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapeer20m

Oct 17, 2013
Michigan
Yesterday i built a firewood sled to pull behind the honey badger. I built it for nominally free from a pallet and an old pair of water skis.

For those who haven't seen it before, This is the honey badger:

photo%28156%29.JPG

I had some 2x4's and screws laying around. I didn't use a square or tape measure, and i made all the cuts with a chainsaw. The build took about an hour to complete.

It pulls easy, but i haven't had the opportunity to load it real heavy yet.

I'll post more photos and video's later...

photo%28163%29.JPG

photo%28165%29.JPG

photo%28161%29.JPG

That badger would look dang cool with one of these mounted on it!DSC_0024.JPG

I'd love to mount a ma deuce to the honey badger but I don't understand how it would help me move firewood ;)

You need to use your imagination a bit. A dozen well placed rounds with that baby will bring down a decent size tree. :)

thinking ......Gear or .................

may need more pic before I can believe this ....like 360 pics

"I want to Believe '

I'd love to mount a ma deuce to the honey badger but I don't understand how it would help me move firewood ;)

may not help ya move but it would sure be great fun taking some down with it! And it would just look cool. I bet nobody would dare trespass on you land if they had a peek at that monster. They could run but they couldn't hide!;lol

Reactions: hoosierhick
That is the coolest toy (the honey badger that is) - with or without the persuader attached...

Good looking sled and badger! I have some property akin to a ski slope where that thing would be ideal.

Let's leave the gun talk to other places on the internet please.

pen

I like the concept a lot. Let me know how it works for you! I may need to build one of those soon. ==c

Pretty simple concept folks, guns get discussed on gun forums.

Burning trees gets discussed here.

Nothing against guns as I am an owner, a hunter, practice CC, etc. However, this isn't the place to discuss any of that.

Thread closed.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.