My first scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deron

Hearth Supporter
Nov 3, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Sign in the yard said free wood...I tooled back home got my chainsaw and snatched it up.

Not the best, but free is free. Some I can definitely burn this year but most is green and will
need to be seasoned.

2010-10-29_18-03-18_328.gif

2010-10-29_18-03-37_242.gif

Congrats!! Why do you think some is ready to burn?

wendell said:
Congrats!! Why do you think some is ready to burn?

Some of it had obviously been dead a good while...you can tell the barks been gone for a couple years,
it's got splits all the way down it and it's very light. All the bigger stuff and splits is for next year.

Congrats, welcome to the dark side.

Now that you've had your first hit........the addiction is sure to follow! I've been hooked on free wood a looooooong time now. I can't quit. My name is GeneJoe......and I'm a wood-a-holic.

hi neighbor . looks like some good wood. best of luck with many more great finds. pete

No kidding that's your 1st scrounge HUH! That's really cool. You have a long road ahead of you Deron, good luck and work safe.

Nice first scrounge Deron, is that maple?

zap

Maple and Box Elder with a little bit of Walnut and Ash

Nice, welcome to the "gotta find more wood club." Isn't it funny, drives my wife crazy, where ever we go I'm looking for a scrounge.

That is a good start on next year's wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.