my helper and the view from the porch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StackedLumber

Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2009
Michigan
I cut down a good sized cedar tree today and one of my boys wanted to help clean it up . . . so I let him and this also was the view off the front porch this evening!

Attachments

• worker.1.jpg
    worker.1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 467
  • sunset.2.jpg
    sunset.2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 444
There's a couple more for the fun of it. It was a gorgeous day and an even nicer night!

Attachments

• dadnsiah.jpg
    dadnsiah.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 437
  • sunset.1.jpg
    sunset.1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 438
Good helper there dad. You are breaking him in right. Great sunset, I wonder it that is volcano ash making it so colorful?

Thanks. That brings back some old memories. We had 2 sons and both were the same way at that age. Be very thankful for those moments.

I've never liked kids well enough to start a collection of my own. ;) I love that he's wearing hearing protection... I'm certain he's the apple of your eye; there is much to be learned from simple day-to-day contact... mostly though, memories that will last your little boy his entire life. My fondest memories of my deceased parents are of the most mundane days spent "doing things" together. He's darling, Stacked..

Bobbin said:
I've never liked kids well enough to start a collection of my own. ;) I love that he's wearing hearing protection... I'm certain he's the apple of your eye; there is much to be learned from simple day-to-day contact... mostly though, memories that will last your little boy his entire life. My fondest memories of my deceased parents are of the most mundane days spent "doing things" together. He's darling, Stacked..

I do love havin the boys around, and yeah, they are my pride and joy. The wife and I have often talked on what life was like before kids and how we really wouldn't change a thing. (not that we could anyways) For some reason, he just loves to wear my ear protectors. I had finished w/ the saw and set them in my box, and he marched right over and put them on, and grabbed his wheel barrow and told me he was going to help out, and believe it or not, he was a great help. I learned from my dad to make sure the boys are always "around" when I'm working and they will pick up an awful lot of "just being" around and being "helpers". Sure beats video games and TV

Great pictures - especially the one with both of you wheeling a load. Like father like son...... My 4 year old likes to get his plastic bubble mower out!

Status
Not open for further replies.