Century fw300xx has this pipe to a hole in the bottom of the fire box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thatoneguysbro

Sep 17, 2023
Ohio
So this pipe is a mystery no one can figure it out.

I was looking at the fw3000 mani and the exploded view doesn’t show it.

The model in the back is fw300xx. So I’m not sure maybe I have the wrong model?

Also the fw3000 shows the ash clean out hole in the center of the burn box. And min is more front left. So maybe I’m not using the right manual. Any help is appreciated

Century fw300xx has this pipe to a hole in the bottom of the fire box Century fw300xx has this pipe to a hole in the bottom of the fire box Century fw300xx has this pipe to a hole in the bottom of the fire box

The stove has been modified. Not sure what the intent was. What is the big inverted U tube on the firebox floor?

The stove has been modified. Not sure what the intent was. What is the big inverted U tube on the firebox floor?
I think you are asking about the square tubing to raise the roof off the fire brick. It makes it easier to slide the cardboard or paper under the wood stack.

I’m working an fw3000 as well. I don’t know
what that plumbing is for. I think I recognize the fitting on the back to be the recieving end of quick coupler possibly for an air fitting…….someone was getting creative there. If you figure it out let us know.