My Homemade Stove on Miller Website

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's superb. When are you going to answer all those folks' questions? Did you build the door, or buy it? Have you installed it and fired it up yet? If so, how does it burn? Looks something like a cross between my two stoves, actually. As an amateur wood and metal butcher, I congratulate you on your ingenuity and your craftsmanship...both very impressive. Rick

I'm all for the DIY'er and wish I had the talent to build one, but what would the insurance companies say? After all, your messing with fire!

Nice stove corie...do you have an elevated grate in it? I checked out the video and saw the log sticking up there that's why I asked. If so why?

No, no elevated grate. That's just the way the logs happened to lay in the stove. The grate is six rotating cast iron coal grates.

Status
Not open for further replies.