My install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bgk

Nov 14, 2019
Here
I’m new to pellet stoves this year. I was tired of spending $3000 per year in heating oil. I’m heating a single level 3 br 2 bath 1500 ft^2 ranch. We have a walk out basement, and that will later be half finished and heated via woodstove when used. Being that I put the stove in the living room, against the front wall of my house I opted to go straight up through the ceiling and roof. I don’t see why this would be inefficient logically, but I don’t know. I also placed it in a corner so I would have room to work on it. Yea, my wife loves to decorate, but I feel the install of my castle serenity was planned out reasonably?
e0ca4061ec9012179e8e2f95879f808b.jpg

....and yes, my glass is dirty. That is 4 days run time on energex on 2,3 or higher setting. Every other pellet had it super dirty within 24 hours.

Looks good !!
But I don't see a surge protector

Looks good. I thought about going through the roof.....but opted for out and up. That keeps my cleenout tee outside the house for less mess.....and no need to get on the roof. Let us know how the serenity works out for you.

Looks good. I thought about going through the roof.....but opted for out and up. That keeps my cleenout tee outside the house for less mess.....and no need to get on the roof. Let us know how the serenity works out for you.

I’m only about 2.5 months in, but it has been great thus far. Wish the hopper was larger, but it’s manageable. My heat hasn’t kicked on once, and we just had 3 days below freezing, with single digit night temps. For $1100 it seems like it does just as good or better than several friends’ much more expensive units.