My Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
Here's my handywork.
All was done by me, including building the hearth. Couldn't see spending $200+ on something I could build for $36.
The room divider was existing with open shelves on the stove side. Once I did the stonework and closed off the open side of the shelves, I cut ope the other side and now have shelves on that side.
What do ya think

100_2780.jpg

That looks great. Good job.

Had the stove up and running in late January. Took it out for a week to do the stone work. Just recently have it running off a working t-stat. So far, we love it. Still learning. I think the best self advice is to keep it clean. Still trying different pellets. Stove Chow is in now, next will be whatever Tractor Supply has. Running it off a generator right this second, and it's doing great. This is one reason we got a pellet stove. Ease of use off a generator.
For the price, it's not top of the line, but it's great for us. 1600 s ft house and it gets down right hot in here when the stove is on high.

Looks awesome. Congrats... I too love the self made Everything.....

What type of Genny are you using? The Control Boards on these stoves are very picky about there power and need pure sine wave electric. If not the board or motors may not last long.

If you are here I am guessing everything is as it should be... Sounds like you have your $hit together.
Keep us upadted on the PS-50. There is another member that installed theres a few days ago.. Its basically a Quadrafire at heart (all the components) and at 50,000 is the same as my stove, the Classic Bay 1200 (47,000)..

Looks great. . . . Little jealous actually.

Running this off the genny in the RV currently. RV gennies "should" be tuned properly. I'm hoping anyway. Need heat, gotta go with it. Picking up our permanent genny tomorrow, hopefully, if the powers back on at the store. Then I will get a clean power source to go along with it.

looks fantastic! great work.

i just got a ps50 two days ago. :)
i really like it. we've got 925sq. feet. so no problem at all with the capacity.
as far as i can tell, it's an absolute breeze to clean. (the glass isn't getting dirty too fast so far either)
i did some shrink plastic window kits today, and am glad to say we are very comfortable tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.