My little Fireman!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
My buddy and future fireman is staying all night at Mimi and Papa's. He kinda likes Papa's old fire boots ;-) And Papa kinda likes him!!!!!

Attachments

• Brody Fire boots_2.jpg
    Brody Fire boots_2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 339
tfdchief said:
My buddy and future fireman is staying all night at Mimi and Papa's. He kinda likes Papa's old fire boots ;-) And Papa kinda likes him!!!!!

Looks like a happy young man, would Mimi be getting some snacks or a meal? Don't let him wear you out.

zap

I remember being a kid, and wearing my Step Dad's Boots, coat, and helmet :)

Good times !!

zapny said:
tfdchief said:

Looks like a happy young man, would Mimi be getting some snacks or a meal? Don't let him wear you out.

zap
Hey Zap, Yes, she is. You must be a grandparent. Brody is big on snacks at Mimi and Papa's........we don't say NO! ;-P

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

Good times !!
Eileen , Cool, your Step Dad was a fireman? All kids want to be fireman. Then they grow up and get wise! :)

tfdchief said:

Good times !!
Eileen , Cool, your Step Dad was a fireman? All kids want to be fireman. Then they grow up and get wise! :)

I don't know about that . . . did some training today for the cops . . . Training Officer said he wanted to be a cop . . . mother was a bit surprised . . . even though the shows he watched as a kid were Adam 12, Swat and some other show from the 1970s that was cop related . . . told him his parents should have made him watch more shows with doctors or Perry Mason.

tfdchief said:

Good times !!

Yep, a volunteer. He was a Commissioner. We had a Plectron in the house, etc. KEF810 this is KEG977, you have a signal 12 at such & such a street :p

tfdchief said:

Good times !!

Yep, a volunteer. He was a Commissioner. We had a Plectron in the house, etc. KEF810 this is KEG977, you have a signal 12 at such & such a street :p
Ah, that has been my life for 33 years now. Not a bad way to spend your life......helping others 24/7, most of the time, inconvenient. You should be proud!

firefighterjake said:
tfdchief said:

Good times !!

I don't know about that . . . did some training today for the cops . . . Training Officer said he wanted to be a cop . . . mother was a bit surprised . . . even though the shows he watched as a kid were Adam 12, Swat and some other show from the 1970s that was cop related . . . told him his parents should have made him watch more shows with doctors or Perry Mason.
Jake, you have the best job in the whole world.....you are a firefighter and get to work with kids.....it just doesn't get any better than that! Good job my friend! Chief.

Good times !![/quote]Eileen , Cool, your Step Dad was a fireman? All kids want to be fireman. Then they grow up and get wise! :)[/quote]

I used to try and follow my dad out the door when his pager went off. I later joined the local fire department and continued the tradition (third generation). I loved it so much I took the test and got hired in the neighboring city a few years later. Remember: If you find a job that you love, you'll never work a day in your life again.

Regency139 said:
Good times !!
Eileen , Cool, your Step Dad was a fireman? All kids want to be fireman. Then they grow up and get wise! :)[/quote]

I used to try and follow my dad out the door when his pager went off. I later joined the local fire department and continued the tradition (third generation). I loved it so much I took the test and got hired in the neighboring city a few years later. Remember: If you find a job that you love, you'll never work a day in your life again.[/quote]Isn't that wonderful! I told my kids as they were growing up, money doesn't mean anything if you are not happy. Find something to work at that you would do for free, and you will go to work happy the rest of your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.