My new indoor wood rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berone

Sep 17, 2007
Peekskill, NY
Okay, actually this post is to show off my wood stacking assistant. It's about time he started pulling his weight!
The wood rack is 8 pieces of rebar painted black and a few pieces of luan I had lying around. It could easily be made out of 2x stock, too. The rebar is just glued into the holes with construction adhesive. Looks nicer than last year's 1x12 box.

Attachments

• Max helps out, Early November 2010-22.jpg
    Max helps out, Early November 2010-22.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 492
What's luan?

That is cool, nice work. I just relined the rack that I've had for almost 10 years. My buddy is an upholstery wizard. The original was cheap leather and used up. The new one is heavy weight black leather with nylon straps, very classy.

That looks nice, can you post some angle shots so we can see how its put together?

Do you worry about bugs living in the wood when you bring it in? Right now I am keeping all the wood on the back porch and putting it straight in the fire. That might not work so well once the temp drops.

Berone said:
Okay, actually this post is to show off my wood stacking assistant. It's about time he started pulling his weight!
The wood rack is 8 pieces of rebar painted black and a few pieces of luan I had lying around. It could easily be made out of 2x stock, too. The rebar is just glued into the holes with construction adhesive. Looks nicer than last year's 1x12 box.

Nice. I like the creative use of material on hand.

very nice. I need to make a rack that works with the decor, the Black ring rack although functional, leaves a bit to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.