My new Invention -- The NARWCS!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milner351

Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
Belleville, MI
Well, that's a really cheesy title, but what the heck. ;-)

I was bringing in wood from the outdoor uncovered pile to the garage as the heavy snow was starting to fall here in SE Michigan (it was almost 50F yesterday)

We usually bring wood into the garage, about a week or two's worth at a time to help it thaw out (attached garage stays above freezing most of the time) and keep it dry and convenient to get to.

In the past we've piled it up any number of ways and it generally ended up being a mess no matter what we tried.

So, today - it hit me, there it was - the solution to the wood pile problem!

Ladies and Gentleman may I present to you the No Assembly Required Wood Containment System!

NARWCS For short, all you need is a wall, and a 2 wheel dolly - stack the wood inbetween and you've got a nice contained wood pile, when the wood burning season is over - you've got nothing in your way and you have the use of your 2 wheel cart again - it's also a great excuse to get out of helping friends move heavy stuff!

just thought I'd share -- happy burning everyone!

Attachments

• narwcs.JPG
    narwcs.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 299
Dry and stacked is good but protected is even better. I doubt to many people will get past the nice doggie :ahhh:

aw, she's harmless! though if you bend down to pet her she may lick you to death --- she sure scares the heck out of the neighbors tho - that's a whole other story.

Here's another question - this has happened before - when I post a picture - I don't see it here right away - only teh line that says "click thumbnail to see full size image"

after some time goes by, then I can see the photo -

Could you see the photo right away?

OK this is really weird
I've been through all my settings and have even uploaded a picture of my stove as my avatar --- but I still can't see any pictures in anyones posts.... including my own!

Hey milner,

Great idea, I like it.

Ithink I may still have a old time wine barrel 2 wheeled dolly, wood with heavy
cast iron wheels, at least it used to have those wheels. Now you found a good use for it.

I just hope i didn't throw it out last summer thinking I would never use it again as that is what usually happens. I save something for 25 years, never use it,think I never will ,throw it out & then I need it, after it is gone. (a rather rare & little seen side effect of Murphy's Law,i think)

At some point in the past,i took the wheels off,to restore the dolly to proper function,then realized that i couldn't get that old time unit to do the job I wanted to do, no matter how i modified it. (cant get there from here syndrome).

So I bought a properly designed appliance carrier with stair crawlers & a ratchet belt, all heavy steel & rated for a 500 lb extra large side by side refrig. Now I still use it to move wood stoves with & it moves them easy (one guy can move 400 lb stove with it) but its safer with 2 guys.

I bought that carrier back in 1978, when I opened up larry's fixall appliance repair, & i made fair money for 25 years doing that.

retired now & working harder than ever taking care of the properties I inherited & trying to scrounge up 25k a yr just for property tax.

So,i look for old time carrier & use it for wood pile retainer. The steel one I need to keep handy,someone always using it.

(hey larry,can i borrow....) ;-P If i only had $20.oo for every time I heard that one!!!!

so I'm not the only one crying about rental property taxes huh?
and we are partners on a restaurant in Nashville TN (yea, we live in Detroit - long story) that opens this week!

ugh - well, hopefully it will lead to early retirement - albeit busy retirement - but working for myself!

milner351 said:
and we are partners on a restaurant in Nashville TN (yea, we live in Detroit - long story) that opens this week!

ugh - well, hopefully it will lead to early retirement - albeit busy retirement - but working for myself!

I retired from the Fortune 5, not 500, and went to work for myself. Never worked more for less in my life.

If you cannot see the pictures your antivirus program may be blocking them. Possibly a parent control setting if you have children using the computer?

BrotherBart said:
milner351 said:

I retired from the Fortune 5, not 500, and went to work for myself. Never worked more for less in my life.

Oh my gawd, I resemble that remark, big time.(retired & never worked more for less)

Status
Not open for further replies.