My new toy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
May have seen this pic on a couple of the tractor forums i go to. But this is my new toy. Maybe a toy is not the right description, I have a 700ft driveway, plus a truck garage to snowblow (7 1/2 ft Lucknow behind it) with it. Looking pretty seriously at putting/making a 8ft snowblade to go on the FEL and pick up a few local driveways to plow. This will be my son or daughters winter job if i do it. Also i have a 7ft bushhog. We do about 30 acrs of our own, plus have been picking up some other jobs( again my son or daughter comes into play). Good little money maker, will be looking around carefully at some other mowing jobs.

But the big reason I bought this one was the FEL capapcity. Putting a set of pallet forks on it and will be piling my wood right off of the splitter on pallets and leaving outside to season. When seasoned, will be putting in garage(tractor is 6 inches lower than door) as needed. In the back of my garage(errr, I mean wood storage facility) is my boiler room. Once i put the wood on a pallet, shouldn't have to touch it again until putting wood in boiler. this for me is my dream come true. Actually, i was going to palletize my wood anyways and hire a local dairy farmer to move 'em once a yr. But this will be way too cool.

I had a MF 180 tractor and a MF 1135 tractor. Was looking to trade them on a 50 to 70hp tractor but was having hard time to get the payments right. One of those deals where my eyes were bigger than my pocket book. BUT i found this unit at a dealer. It was there on consignment, one of their customers bought this unit last Feb and had to liquidate his assets in a hurry. 300hrs and hardly a scratch on it. Paid about 1/2 of what he paid for it a yr ago. My eyes fit my payment book, for once.

Got to find a good deal on a Farmi winch now.

Oh yeah, its a NH 75Da. 75hp, 4wheel, tricked out cab, etc. Anyone want to but a slightly used Back Hoe?

Attachments

• 2tractor 111.jpg
    2tractor 111.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 483
Sweet machine, your brush hog will be child's play for it.

SolarAndWood said:
Sweet machine, your brush hog will be child's play for it.

It'll handle it easily, and it'll be hard to take having A/C and tunes. I've got to trim up high around my line fences, that's the only down fall of a fully enclosed cab(but the line fence needs it). I was bushhogging with my MF180 open cab. That was about the same hp as this unit.

Monkey Wrench said:
SSSSSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT !!!!!!

Glad Your Dream Came True ! And Your Bank Acct Is Intact.

Thanks...looks like you got a good collection of"toys". But very useful ones.

I like your last line on your sig, got to remember that when i get the wife out helping me cut the firewood.

flyingcow said:
Thanks...looks like you got a good collection of"toys".
The man that dies with the most toys, wins. Only prob is I'd turn over in my grave when the wife sells it all dirt cheap after I'm dead. I gotta time it so everthing is on its last legs when I am too. Doing OK so far.

LLigetfa said:
flyingcow said:
The man that dies with the most toys, wins. Only prob is I'd turn over in my grave when the wife sells it all dirt cheap after I'm dead. I gotta time it so everthing is on its last legs when I am too. Doing OK so far.

lol thats perfect!

Beautiful machine, especially with the the full cab. Nice for plowing on those below 0 wind chill days. You may want to think twice before selling the back hoe. Your plowing customers may need some digging and they are easy to remove when not needed. Be safe.
Ed

LLigetfa said:
flyingcow said:

more likley wife will give to kids
who will scrap/ throw away

glad i'll be dead when it happens

colebrookman said:
You may want to think twice before selling the back hoe.
Kind of a short stick but the thumb makes up for it.

LLigetfa said:
colebrookman said:
You may want to think twice before selling the back hoe.
Kind of a short stick but the thumb makes up for it.

I am moderately impressed with the hoe(thats a statement in itself). But seriously, it's got a good reach on it. 9ft, a big thick boom. I've been around, and run a few big cat excavators. obviously you're not going to pull green stumps, but it will dig some neat ditches. I have a septic system that might need replacing, so i may use it in the spring. Not justifying the $$$'s, but it was a $9900 add on, i wouldn't have spent that much on it. You could have a lot of holes dug for $9900. But i bought the tractor w/cab w/ FEL a lot less than a smaller unit. Then add on the BH as a freebee. Thats how i got the BH. It's a Woods BH90x model.

I was looking at a backhoe for my Allis but a heavy duty was almost 12 grand. I bought a used Dynahoe with a FEL and hoe for 6 grand and now have one more toy. Great for running underground piping or wires, drainage, tree stumps or to lift logs when I can't reach safely.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.