My new wood rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RNLA

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2010
I got tired of going every day out to the wood pile. So I had some left over marble, and bought some steel. Warmed up the welder and poof I can hold three times the wood. It really amount to about two days worth.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 776
OK, so maybe it was my own excitement.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 702
Can't get a much better location and looks great. Very contemporary.

Well done.

I'll move this over to the picture room where it'll get more exposure.

pen

Thanks Pen, I love to weld and fabricate. I'm not really artistic so straight lines work for me. It will be painted black eventually

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 698
Are those "strike anywhere" matches? Or "on the box"?

RNLA,

Nice job. Very cool look to it. I am surprised you are painting it black. Looks great the way it is! Even with the black of the stove. Black goes with anything. Thanks for sharing the pics. I have seen a lot of cool things on Hearth.com

I use to work in a stainless shop and that would have been the first choice. This is mild so surface rust is an issue even inside. I did a printer table that also holds the shredder underneath that looks similar. Black is my choice to give the wrought iron look. These shelves are marble remnants.

RNLA said:
hossthehermit said:
Are those "strike anywhere" matches? Or "on the box"?
ANYWHERE! Thanks for checking I feel safer now! :lol:

Just wonderin' cause they're gettin' hard to find in these parts

RNLA said:
Thanks Pen, I love to weld and fabricate. I'm not really artistic so straight lines work for me. It will be painted black eventually

Looks pretty darn nice to me . . . straight lines and all . . . as stated before . . . very modern looking.

Jake I actually saw a guy at the shop I worked at do a similar table with steel frame and marble scrap 5-6 years ago. So I guess I kind of stold his design.

Nothing like a nice and clean design that you build yourself. Like it.
Makes me want to get the welder out and start building some more
stuff...just don't have the time... :-/ Thanks for posting.

RNLA said:
Jake I actually saw a guy at the shop I worked at do a similar table with steel frame and marble scrap 5-6 years ago. So I guess I kind of stold his design.

Not stole . . . borrowed . . . duplicated . . . improved upon . . . much better words to use. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
RNLA said:
Jake I actually saw a guy at the shop I worked at do a similar table with steel frame and marble scrap 5-6 years ago. So I guess I kind of stole his design.

Not stole . . . borrowed . . . duplicated . . . improved upon . . . much better words to use. ;) :)
Yeah I guess it is sort of similar to how I reply when asked about my profession, I say "I'm an arborist" or "I kill trees" depending on the company surrounding me at the time.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.