1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My old boiler

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by guy01, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy01

guy01 Member

Loc:
    northern PA
    I've been trying to resist asking this till I located the paperwork so I could name it , but have any of you ever seen a fireplace boiler? I mean it went in like a heatalator but it had a water jacket and the water went thru the tubes the wood laid on. Last time I saw the paperwork for the thing I called and they were out of buisness but that thing was the bomb, Installed aproximatelly in1979

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Not "the" bomb. "A" bomb.

If it's what I'm thinking of, Guy, they had the potential to go "boom."

Not very efficient, in any event.
  3. guy01

guy01 Member

Loc:
    northern PA
    No not eficient at all and it did go boom but because of my stupidity not design I think.
    I wired the aquastat backwards so when the water went over 200° the gas kicked on.
    I was young or she did it or something --- Did I do something that stupid
    But the cool factor was there ,Remember I was the guy looking at range cookers ,I like cool factor
  4. wdc1160

wdc1160 New Member

Loc:
    Lafayette IN -BoilerMakerCountry
    They still sell some others. On this forum I saw a guy who posted a link. you can search for it. if I see it I will post back.
  5. guy01

guy01 Member

Loc:
    northern PA
    That's OK I saw it it was cool but this thing was huge we had a 13x13 liner NOW HAS A 6 INCH SS liner hooked to a lopi freadom bay ,but I miss the whole house heat. I think I got the boss talked into going the boiler rought tho
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.