My old boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy01

Hearth Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
northern PA
I've been trying to resist asking this till I located the paperwork so I could name it , but have any of you ever seen a fireplace boiler? I mean it went in like a heatalator but it had a water jacket and the water went thru the tubes the wood laid on. Last time I saw the paperwork for the thing I called and they were out of buisness but that thing was the bomb, Installed aproximatelly in1979

Not "the" bomb. "A" bomb.

If it's what I'm thinking of, Guy, they had the potential to go "boom."

Not very efficient, in any event.

No not eficient at all and it did go boom but because of my stupidity not design I think.
I wired the aquastat backwards so when the water went over 200° the gas kicked on.
I was young or she did it or something --- Did I do something that stupid
But the cool factor was there ,Remember I was the guy looking at range cookers ,I like cool factor

They still sell some others. On this forum I saw a guy who posted a link. you can search for it. if I see it I will post back.

That's OK I saw it it was cool but this thing was huge we had a 13x13 liner NOW HAS A 6 INCH SS liner hooked to a lopi freadom bay ,but I miss the whole house heat. I think I got the boss talked into going the boiler rought tho

Status
Not open for further replies.