My pellet furnace is an epic failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
turbulator said:
Dexter - It appears I dont have an air wash system on mine....

Smokey - my blower from my pellet furnace grabs the smoke and sends it right up into the duct work

.... snip

It shouldn't and wouldn't if there was a full properly installed (this means sealed duct work and proper bypass dampers if hooked into an existing heating system) return air system.

MilkandPie4u said:
I have a SCF-50, adjusting the air is hard!

Are you running on manual or with a thermostat? Do you set it to pellet only mode? Do you have a 4 inch exhaust?

On the SCF-50 there is a manual damper on the intake air, I would suggest removing the oak. Open the damper all the way. Check for obstructions both in the stove, going outside.. How long is the oak?

Don't give up yet, hopefully as a SCF-50 owner I can help you!

Welcome MilkandPie4u,

Thanks for chipping in. Having first hand knowledge and passing it on is priceless here. Glad you joined us! Make yourself at home and if there's anything we can do? Give us a shout! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.