My quest for a well sealed EP 25.........

Jason Knapp Posted By Jason Knapp, Feb 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM

  1. Jason Knapp

    Jason Knapp
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL
    

    Dec 11, 2012
    223
    48
    Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    As most of you know, I've posted some things that I have done to seal my Englander to get it to it's original target efficiency. From straightening the burn pot, to checking gasket contact, etc. Today I noticed a HUGE gap on the right side of the hopper lid. It was between 3/16" and 1/4". I took the rope gasket, folded it in half and tacked it down with some trim adhesive. I also resealed the burnpot cradle gasket. I then took the burnpot and inspected the bottom side of it. I saw a weld bead that seemed like it could possibly alter air flow to the pot. I ground down the weld and put a slight radius on the bottom of the pot. I then crafted a gasket for the burnpot made from the leftover gasket from the blower housing. These mods, coupled with the use of Barefoot pellets(which burn very clean and hot), have yielded a 200 degree Farenheit Convection air temp, with the blower on High (9) and the feed on 3. My LBA is still on 7. Tomorrow I'll back down the LBA to 6 and see what happens.
     
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay
    Guest 2.
    NULL
    

    Nice. My Englander 10-CPM came with a Very warped Burn pot. I requested another and had it in less than a weeo.

    Any burn pot bypass you seal, you gain burn air. Sounds like you have done a good job.
     

Share This Page