1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

My Regency F2400 Woodstove install. (Alcove)

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by geardoc, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    I have to give props to this site. I pretty much learned everything I needed to know by lurking around here besides the Regency specs. I basically ripped out my old Preway Zero Clearance fireplace and liner. The rock you see is man made by Boulder Creek. It killed my back but its worth it now. The stove is a Regency F2400 I picked up new for $1000. There's 12' of Stainless insulated liner on top of the ceiling box. Works awesome and heats the whole house including upstairs. I have a cathedral ceiling and I put a vent at the end of the upstairs hallway and peak of ceiling. All work was done by me and my brother in-law. He got to do the high stuff since I hate heights!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. istink

istink New Member

Loc:
    california
    how do you post to this forum.

i have a very stinky stove that i need some guidance on. all i can figure out is how to reply
  3. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    You should have a new topic button towards the top right. Next to the post reply?
  4. Nic36

Nic36 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Decatur, Alabama
    Wow, that's looks so good! The rock work looks awesome. I can't believe it's not real rock. I can only imagine how many hours you put into that.
  5. btj1031

btj1031 New Member

Loc:
    NH
    Wow. Outstanding. Congrats on getting the job done yourself, with a little help.
  6. Jim41

Jim41 Member

Loc:
    "Central Ma"
    Awesome job Geardoc. I like the recessed lights. That's class. Enjoy the heat!
  7. drewboy

drewboy New Member

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    I would be bragging about that install ... Nice job, and cool idea with the stone work.

Rob
  8. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    Thanks, that was my brother in laws idea.
  9. InTheRockies

InTheRockies New Member

Loc:
    Northern US Rockies
    Very nice! You and your BIL did a fantastic job on the install--that's a beautiful hearth and stove. Enjoy the winter; you'll definitely be staying toasty warm. Thanks for sharing the photos.
  10. bill*67

bill*67 Member

Loc:
    upper michigan
    outstanding!! love the rock. enjoy the warmth!
  11. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    Thanks for the compliments! I'm loving this thing. Now I'm on a fire wood mission..... Good thing my brother and some friends own clearing and tree businesses. Only if it all was already seasoned.
  12. Prada

Prada Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    You and your brother-in-law's install looks VERY NICE to say the least! I just love it. Enjoy my friend...... :)
  13. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    Are you sure that pic. didn't come from a magazine somewhere? :lol: Kiding, It makes me want to get a cup of coffee and soak up the heat. But you can't you have to go get wood. It becomes an addiction, as hard as it is,it's enjoyable and you can't quite.
  14. Shari

Shari Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    That looks really, really nice! Love the lights too! I would think your wood should be stored off the hearth to comply with combustible clearances?

Shari
  15. titan

titan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Great job!It's a Regency shrine.
  16. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Looks awesome, you can see the S&^% eating grin on your face installing the chimney~!!!!
  17. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    lol, thats my bro-in-law up there making faces.... I wasnt getting up in that hole....
  18. clamp01

clamp01 Member

Loc:
    Lansdale, PA
    Do you have any trouble moving the heated air out from the alcove area you have the stove in?

BTW, that is a beautiful install.
  19. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Hey great looking stove and hearth.. Great pics of details involved too... Thanx for posting that!

Ray
  20. geardoc

geardoc Member

Loc:
    Yorktown Virginia
    Thanks! I don't have any problems at all moving the heat. I have a cathedral ceiling in that room and I installed a vent that goes through to the end of the upstairs hallway. I am getting plenty of heat upstairs that way. It really turned out well in heating the whole house. BTW, It sits about 3/4's in the alcove. I really enjoy it. The only problem is that I fall asleep to easy in there now....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.