My Search For A Second Stove Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
I know I have a few threads asking "how about this stove?" But, I am doing this for a reason as I am in the process of adding a second stove. So, bear with me. :)

I found someone selling a Resolute Acclaim for a pretty good price. What I need from you kind folks is what should I look for and ask about when I inspect the stove. I'd greatly appreciate hearing from anyone with any experience with this stove (was it know to be a good stove? Good heat producer? How would it compare to an old VC Vigilant?). I have attached a picture of the stove, apart from it being dusty it looks relatively clean.

Thank you for your help!

(EDIT: I renamed the thread and this will be the thread where I posts all the stoves I am looking for additional information as opposed to starting a dozen new threads.)

Attachments

• Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 233
Additionally, I am also wondering what I can expect from an older VC intrepid? Photo attached.

Attachments

• intrepid.jpg
    intrepid.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 227
That is not a Resolute Acclaim.
It is a regular Resolute - pre-1987 (probably approx 1984) - it was called the Resolute III - the main change from the earlier models was that their were two doors and then opened sideways. Older models had one door which hinged down (hinges on the bottom).

In many ways it is a smaller Vigilant - similar burn style.

The intrepid is an even smaller model...of the older ones.
Here is some info - spec sheets, etc.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Vermont_Castings_Older_Stove_Models/

Webmaster said:
That is not a Resolute Acclaim.
It is a regular Resolute - pre-1987 (probably approx 1984) - it was called the Resolute III - the main change from the earlier models was that their were two doors and then opened sideways. Older models had one door which hinged down (hinges on the bottom).

In many ways it is a smaller Vigilant - similar burn style.

The intrepid is an even smaller model...of the older ones.
Here is some info - spec sheets, etc.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Vermont_Castings_Older_Stove_Models/

Thank you! So, would it be more efficient than the old Vigilant or about the same?

Webmaster said:
All about the same

Crap. Ok, thanks! I'll cross that off my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.