My secondary burn doesnt seem right to me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganwinters

Hearth Supporter
Aug 24, 2007
I replaced gasket on the SS baffle (PE Summit)....is the gasket smaller than the size of the air hole on the baffle??? The ones I received as replacement are smaller. It has secondary but it just doenst seem to be very vibrant. Of course Im just having smaller fires ....with dry oak, and Im getting top of stove up to 500-600 degrees..just before my Rutland says overfire. Any clues. Can someone put a video of their PE secondary burn online somehwere???

Thanks!

Did you try the dollar bill test? Has the oak been seasoned for at least 2 years? trying to be helpful but I don't know jack about cat stoves. PE summit is a wicked good stove from all I've heard. BeGreen will set you straight soon as he checks in.

Tom's knowledge of PE's trumps mine any day. He's got 15 years on his own at home.

I ordered extra so here are the measurements of my gaskets.

O.D. 4" x 2"

Diameter of the inside cutout 1" x 2". If this opening is too small and is for the smaller series, can I just cut them to fit??? If so can someone tell me what size dimesions the summit gaskets should be???

Tom I should have just ordered them thru you......just thought such a small purchase would be a waste of effort.

michiganwinters said:
I ordered extra so here are the measurements of my gaskets.

O.D. 4" x 2"

Diameter of the inside cutout 1" x 2". If this opening is too small and is for the smaller series, can I just cut them to fit??? If so can someone tell me what size dimesions the summit gaskets should be???

Tom I should have just ordered them thru you......just thought such a small purchase would be a waste of effort.

I just measured my baffle gasket. the inside cutout is 1.5" X 3"
The part # on the package is SUMM .31395

Looks like you got the wrong one. Maybe the store you bought it from will give you the right one free of charge, since they supplied you with the wrong one (unless YOU picked it off the shelf, then you can't blame them).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.