My stove is performing better than I expected....I really like the blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Is that sound the blower or a Maytag?

I hope your not trying to have a conversation in that room at the same time. By comparison the blower on my Osburn is completely silent. I can't even hear mine if not in the same room.

thats the blower...she purrrs like a kitten

Gunner said:

I looked at the second video on youtube. Don't look like no Summit to me.

Think he might have 2 stoves ??

BrotherBart said:
Gunner said:

I looked at the second video on youtube. Don't look like no Summit to me.

BB caught me....just joking.

that blower sounds pretty loud

Holy crap. I wanted to get the blower for my Heritage, but if they're that loud, I'm going to pass. That vibration sound would drive me nuts. How far does that blower spread the warm air? Does the room with the stove in it still hold the majority of the heat?

rudysmallfry said:
Holy crap. I wanted to get the blower for my Heritage, but if they're that loud, I'm going to pass. That vibration sound would drive me nuts. How far does that blower spread the warm air? Does the room with the stove in it still hold the majority of the heat?

Obviously PE Summits are the only ones with blowers that sound like a worn out washing machine. :cheese:

By the door shape it looks like an AVALON. :roll:

( Note to Brotherbart: :p )

Roospike said:
By the door shape it looks like an AVALON. :roll:

Now we know why you bought the third party blower Spike.

Like a lot of things, it ain't how big it is it's how ya use it bro.

With out your review of the Englander anywhere to be found with posted pictures ...........

I think the stove in your Avatar is a pellet stove .............Com-mon , tell us the truth , ya bought the pellet stove from TSC didnt you>?

BrotherBart said:
Like a lot of things, it ain't how big it is it's how ya use it bro.

Well true -dat! Just as long as you have the log to do the job . :cheese:

Acutely I painted a VZ Mountaineer. So cheap I could't pass it up.

The Englander is getting it's first cold night test tonight. That groan is throwing some serious heat. We may be shopping for swimsuits to sleep in tomorrow. It has two gears with oak. Starting up and Holy chit it's hot in here.

Got down to -5° last night and the Summit was loaded down, chewing on Hedge and Oak and kept the house 76° .............

When it gets cold out like 15° and lower its a whole new ball game when heating with wood. Our true test was last winter when it was in the minus 15° for around one week , needed a conveyor belt from the wood pile to the stove. lol 10 hour burn time are out the window when in the minus figures.

Awesome it hear the ole' Englander is doing what you need , in the dead of winter is a bad time to find out a wood stove is too small when its ones only heat source.

Roospike said:
Got down to -5° last night and the Summit was loaded down, chewing on Hedge and Oak and kept the house 76° .............

When it gets cold out like 15° and lower its a whole new ball game when heating with wood. Our true test was last winter when it was in the minus 15° for around one week , needed a conveyor belt from the wood pile to the stove. lol 10 hour burn time are out the window when in the minus figures.

Awesome it hear the ole' Englander is doing what you need , in the dead of winter is a bad time to find out a wood stove is too small when its ones only heat source.

Yep. Just got up and it is 25 and the house 71 after a ten hour burn. Enough coals for easy restart. It looks like we will get a little practice in the teens here for a few nights.

I sure as heck don't want any -15 though. I will leave those for the Summit.

Well when i went to bed inside temp was 70 outside 12 this morning inside was 68 stove top 450
loaded it up cat purring and inside has climbed to 69,5 stove top running about 600
What amazed me is the outside temp dropped fron 6.6 to 5.4 in the last hour but I have increased the inside temps opon both stoves Cats purring along

The furnace has yet to kick in. This is what I hoped for this is why I swapped out 400+ lb beast. the other one was good till about 12 degrees and
I got at night to load it around 3:30 Am. Screw OPEC I using scrounged wood

Roospike said:

If BB is like me that is the main reason for that barrel stove kit that is stashed under the work bench. ;)
If all else fails I can have that thing ready to go in an hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.