My trusty old CDW last duty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
My old CDW large convection's last duty was to serve as a place to place my trusty Coleman camping grill's work surface.. The stove was sold and when we lost power during Irene she hadf one more thing to do.. Serve as a safe place to cook with my Coleman stove during Irene.. Don't worry the wind was blowing at a high rate and the windows were open so no fumes were a danger..

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 08 31 001 (Medium).jpg
    2011 08 31 001 (Medium).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 162
Well Ray, sometimes we have to make do with what we have. That was making do in style!

Backwoods Savage said:
Well Ray, sometimes we have to make do with what we have. That was making do in style!

It was unusual for sure but perfect at the time! It's gone now so that was a fitting last duty.. Oddly the stove shop that I bought the new stove from will also be installing my old stove.. Small world eh?

Ray

raybonz said:
My old CDW large convection's last duty was to serve as a place to place my trusty Coleman camping grill's work surface.. The stove was sold and when we lost power during Irene she hadf one more thing to do.. Serve as a safe place to cook with my Coleman stove during Irene.. Don't worry the wind was blowing at a high rate and the windows were open so no fumes were a danger..

Ray

Yeah, the Vigilant is going up on CraigList after this burning season. It performed well the last few years, and saved my ass the first year of burning, but a 30 NC will probably be replacing it next off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.