My VC Resolute and field stone hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed in Maine

Feb 23, 2007
Maine
Very cool forum, had to post a pic of my setup. Have been running this for about 6 years. It is a 30yr old or so Resolute, no cat, with top load and glass front doors (we only open them to roast marshmellows though..). The fan in the top right is an in wall room to room fan for circulation on the first floor. Hearth is blue stone, and the field stone is actually the fake kind. The real stuff was too heavy and I couldn't beef it up under the hearth because the oil furnace is right under it in the cellar. I was just taking this because I wanted to do before and after, I am putting in a Harman pellet stove next week. It is sitting in the garage, just need to figure out my venting options. Thinking about running the air intake for the stove into the room (through the wall) that the room to room fan is feeding. But that's another post.....

Attachments

• Resolute1.jpg
    Resolute1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 865
Status
Not open for further replies.