My very best cheesy Backwoods Savage Impersonation w/ pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LLigetfa said:
I would except for a few minor details...
Oh, should I mention the roids or is that venturing into TMI territory?

trailrated said:
Not to highjack the thread, but is splitting sitting down easier? I can't imagine it is. Bending over to pick rounds while standing is a hard enough work out, sitting down, twisting to pick up a round or stand up, pick up a round, sit down and repeat seems grueling.

There ARE those of us who only split the monster rounds vertical. Other than that, the splitter stays horizontal.

holy man!!! must be diss dennis day!!

all i can say is that all you guys are lucky dennis is a good guy...or else he would sit at his kitchen table and open a can of whup-a$$ on you!!! (and with an electric opener, too!)

yooperdave said:
No, not at all. We have great respect for him.

We need a "Do your best BWS impersonation" thread.

Hay, a photo contest, open to all !!!

:coolsmile:

*caveat* Dix is a fan of the Dennis school of wood splitting, even with carpenter ants gleefully flowing out of the rounds :snake: !

LLigetfa said:
yooperdave said:

This is what respect looks like around here . . .

snowleopard said:
LLigetfa said:
yooperdave said:

This is what respect looks like around here . . .

And I can also assure everyone that I have not taken offense but have rather enjoyed it as has the ornery one. As for the respect, it is a mutual respect do Dave, no whoop-ass is needed. Just keep on smiling!

I think the milk carton is attractive and the pillow is hot.....Holy crap, I mean that photo of you Dennis is very nice, very nice indeed... ;-)

Here is the avatar picture. Man I was tired when she took that picture.

DennisCook4-4-09b.jpg

Here is Mr & Mrs; taken a long, long time ago.

Dennis-JudyCook6-30-62a.jpg

And this one was taken in our backyard on that same day, in 1962.

Denny-Judy6-30-62.jpg

oldspark said:
I dont think he's got the scowl right. :)
Backwoods Savage said:
Here is the avatar picture. Man I was tired when she took that picture.
My father used to purse his lips like that... right about when he'd throw something at me for displeasing him. He missed me once and broke my sister's foot. Ja, I still have unresolved issues.

You must have quite the throwing arm, looking at that big pile back there. I get sympathy pains just thinking about it. I'm happy for you though, that it works well for you.

Keep smiling, Dennis!

WoodpileOCD said:
Did my annual splitter rental today and couldn't help myself.

Green shirt w/ vest check.
Big hat, check
Ear protection, check
Eye protection, check
Hand on lever, check
Stare at camera, check
Huge woodpile, well its big but nowhere near Dennis proportions
Sitting down splitting vertical, check

Most importantly. Milk crate seat..... CHECK

Dennis, they say that impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Actually, I prefer to split horizontal standing up but hey, for a picture opportunity like this...... Even brought the milk crate.
is that a huskee 22 ton splitter? looks juts like mine

With my particular back problems, just sitiing on ANY milk crate (or any stool without a back) for 2 minutes would have me reaching for the medicine cabinet. I'm a horizontal splitter, but you guys can split vertical all you like ( even if its wrong). ;-P

ecocavalier02 said:
WoodpileOCD said:
Did my annual splitter rental today and couldn't help myself.

Green shirt w/ vest check.
Big hat, check
Ear protection, check
Eye protection, check
Hand on lever, check
Stare at camera, check
Huge woodpile, well its big but nowhere near Dennis proportions
Sitting down splitting vertical, check

Most importantly. Milk crate seat..... CHECK

Dennis, they say that impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Actually, I prefer to split horizontal standing up but hey, for a picture opportunity like this...... Even brought the milk crate.
is that a huskee 22 ton splitter? looks juts like mine

Actually I think it was an MTD 27 ton rental. Practically brand new though. I split for almost 10 hours with it that day. Best $50 I've spent in awhile.

Strictly vertical splitting here; I grab the rounds and toss the splits, she works the lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.