My wife wanted me to turn the oil heat on.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansky

Feb 18, 2013
central CT
"Absolutely not" i said. So here I am sitting in from of a fire on Memorial Day weekend. This is the 4th "last fire" of the season so far this season. But I think this really is that last. But who knows. With this crazy weather, if I have to burn in June, then I'll burn in June!

Reactions: raybonz
Hello

I sold two bags of Cubex today. "It was a life saver", since Lowes and Home Depot ran out. :)

right behind you bud. i lit my 3 last fire of the season last night. house was 60 degrees and i said enough is enough. it was 32 degrees last night here. i suppose if we keep lighting the stove during june that in the future we might be running the air conditioner in November.

Reactions: Defiant
Burned my last bag last night, 34 here. Don do you deliver?;)

Small load burning right now and one 2 nights ago.. Unreal..

Ray

It dropped to 32.7 this morning, we've been burning some two year old seasoned white pine.

Two nights in a row .
Pine here too.

If I had oil heat I'd probably do the same as you but nat gas is so cheap it really doesn't hurt me to run my furnace a couple times with these chilly mornings.

Burned my last bag last night, 34 here. Don do you deliver?;)

I have a good friend that Delivers the Cubex locally. Awesome pellets!

The heat pump has been running every morning for the past couple weeks. Looks like warmth will finally be returning later in the week, but at least our nights have not been below 50F.

It was 48 degrees here in the Puget Sound at 0500 today so I made another fire in my Quadra-Fire 2100. It's now 53, overcast and raining but it's 73 and nice inside. Based on the weather forecast I'll be burning it June.

In the 70s and 80s past couple weeks. About to finally transplant the starter tomatoes and peppers from the greenhouse to the outdoors. Then, last night, checking Weatherbug, says by next Thurs and for several days after, nights could be 30 F. I have learned over the years not to plant stuff outside til the second week of June, but every year my fingers twitch and I "almost" do it early. Was gonna do it today, as a matter of fact. I'll wait. Nevertheless, probably need a tiny fire in the stove later this week in the evenings.

"Absolutely not" i said. So here I am sitting in from of a fire on Memorial Day weekend. This is the 4th "last fire" of the season so far this season. But I think this really is that last. But who knows. With this crazy weather, if I have to burn in June, then I'll burn in June!

Don't count on stopping just yet. We had another frost this morning. But now I am finally ready to say that will be our last fire....hopefully. A warm front is moving in. We'll get some rains but the temperature is supposed to hit 70 tomorrow (was today but it is presently 64) and then a few hot days with mid-80's.

We had fires all week end . Most years I burn into June.

I'm looking for an A/C unit. It's 76* outside, supposed to be 80* tomorrow. About dying of heat stroke! <>

Reactions: MasterMech
Wuss. That's cooler than a lot of folk's indoor winter temps. ::-)

I know when you get to be around 120 (average age of users on here) you need it to be about 95* for the old bones, but I'm just "a bit" younger and I've been sweating my ass off all day working in this heat!

Wuss. That's cooler than a lot of folk's indoor winter temps. ::-)

Come here and work in 95::Ftemps with the humidity the same. We'll talk about sweating at that point. Jeesh.>>
Ansky, if you turn off the oil and power to the furnace, it won't run no matter how much she messes with the thermostat. :cool:

AC running here. High 80's here the next couple days.

Fairbanks average hi-low in January - 2 and -11.
Harrisville average hi-low 27 and 14.

Us alaskans are use to about 25 less degrees than you...

Of course its been 80 degrees for the last week here....

Woman wants AC bad.

86* right now, 0948

Less than 2 weeks ago it snowed 4 inches. 4 days ago the grass was dead, trees were dead, etc. Now everything is green and going "Holy chit it's hot...ahhhharghhhahhhhharghhhh"

I have lived in some HOT hell holes over the years.. Afghanistan, Houston, Idaho, S Korea, Japan, and what's going on here is NO FUN!

86* right now, 0948

Less than 2 weeks ago it snowed 4 inches. 4 days ago the grass was dead, trees were dead, etc. Now everything is green and going "Holy chit it's hot...ahhhharghhhahhhhharghhhh"

I have lived in some HOT hell holes over the years.. Afghanistan, Houston, Idaho, S Korea, Japan, and what's going on here is NO FUN!
Bet the 'skeeters are lovin' it too.... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.