My wood pile story

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's outstanding! At least everything feel into place for ya. Better late than never! Very impressive you did that all by hand. Outstanding work.

Lol about the cast iron frying pan, LL. That really did get me to crack up audibly.

We've been moving wood and cleaning up the Compound in the past few weeks. We've got a nice little system going with respect to splitting, stacking, and curing. I like doing the work, personally. I have no desire to spend the entire day doing it, but a morning? no problem! And Henry David was a pretty astute observer of human nature to notice the benefit derived from getting the wood ready for the winter.

Mum made an excellent recovery following her stroke, mostly because we kept her busy and required her to keep moving and trying. Her doctors were amazed. Nice work with your father. It's not easy, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.