mystery pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
I got a great deal on 3/4 ton of pellets (great only if they perform well). A friend of mine used to sell them and said I would not be disappointed. The pellets are Pennwood made by a small flooring co. in South Central Pa. I could not find info on their pellet products, only flooring. Did a search here and found only a little outdated info. The pellets look to be mostly oak. Does anyone have some info on these mystery pellets(BTU value, Ash, like or dislike, etc.) Thanks for any input. May you have a toasty winter!

They are junk, give me your address and I"ll come haul them off for you. :cheese:

I don't know anything about their pellets, but a few years ago I did meet some of the people from Pennwood at an energy conference and talked at length with them about pelletizing their waste material. Looks like they've moved forward with that idea. They seem like very nice people...if that means anything.

stillersnut said:
I got a great deal on 3/4 ton of pellets (great only if they perform well). A friend of mine used to sell them and said I would not be disappointed. The pellets are Pennwood made by a small flooring co. in South Central Pa. I could not find info on their pellet products, only flooring. Did a search here and found only a little outdated info. The pellets look to be mostly oak. Does anyone have some info on these mystery pellets(BTU value, Ash, like or dislike, etc.) Thanks for any input. May you have a toasty winter!

I burned them last year and have a few bags left over. Burned pretty clean and hot. I'll have to check my bags and see if there is info on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.