Napolean 1100 comments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Hearth Supporter
Sep 3, 2008
ny
I got a fire going in the 1100P for first time. Glad I can keep the window open for that burning paint. ....
I have it going horizontal thru a 7 inch wall with DuraTech. That pipe gets hot. I wasnt expecting that. I am using an accurate oven therm. and am getting readings.
I can get the probe into crevices and cracks next to the pipe where it goes into the sleeve in the Thimble. The thimble has a 6 inch hole and then a 1 inch air space,The bigger outer rings next and is surrounded by another air space about 1/2 inch and then ceramic fiber 100% non flammable.I made the thimble from a smaller unused thimble that I rebuilt with larger rings.
I get about 100F around the pipe on the sides. With the probe only a half inch off the DuraTech I am getting 120 on the side. I get 113 into the thimble cavity under the pipe 1 inch.
With the probe touching the pipe on top but the point slightly above the metal its 114F. I will try to get some probe into the outside side of the thimble when its dry outside.
The stove is running full draft ,no damper, but door closed. It burns well with that soft rolling quality that modern stoves have.Almost slow motion. It puts out plenty of heat for this
1200 sf upstairs living area. The downstairs is a separate space. With the probe ON the top of the DuraTech inside the room ,on top and pressed on the stainless it reads
135F. What do pros and others think of these numbers.?? Thanks.

the white box is intake

Attachments

• 100_0648mod.jpg
    100_0648mod.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 171
135f will not start a fire. That's still rare acording to the meat therm!
Sounds ok to me but maybe a picture of you setup will help us put your concerns to rest.

if 135 degrees started fires cactuses in the desert would all be running around with flames coming out of them. I truly dont think your temp readings are out of line.

Looks good to me! Not so sure about how close your coat is to the back of the stove though.

Status
Not open for further replies.