Napoleon 1100 First Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puknutz

Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2009
Southern Maryland
YEHAAAAAAAA!
Finally got my burn off!
Thanks to all the help at the forums.

Attachments

• S6300835.JPG
    S6300835.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 529
  • S6300841.JPG
    S6300841.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 477
  • S6300843.JPG
    S6300843.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 543
Looks good. Hows the heat output?

Nice I have the 1100C. You'll love it. I wish it was a little bigger for longer burn times but I was very pleased this year.

Also forgot to add. Looks like that as the full trivet on top. Great for scented candles, steamer, even tried some cooking/keeping the food warm. Not good for thermometer. I rigged up as support temporary so I could slide the trivet out, put the thermometer on the stove top it hit 700, moved the thermometer to the trivet (yes it was fun to try) and it dropped to 500, 200 degree difference surprised me!

The high heat output was very surprising. This is the first wood stove Ive had and I am really surprised on the output. I dont even think I will be using the blower much. Dosn't seem to be needed.
Thanks for the cooking ideas. Our main purpose of this stove is to be less dependant on the power companies, and we also love the viewof the roaring fire. So I am sure we will come up with different uses for it.

nice looking install ! that stonework is beautiful and I like the idea of it being in a corner (usually wasted space anyway). Besides protecting the walls from heat & fire the stone should heat up and provide some thermal mass. I have one of these stoves in my garage shop & I was thinking about having stone around the back of it. I did not get to burn it too much this year but when I did, I loved it. It throws a lot of heat. Congratulations,

Jon

puknutz said:
The high heat output was very surprising. This is the first wood stove Ive had and I am really surprised on the output. I dont even think I will be using the blower much. Dosn't seem to be needed.
Thanks for the cooking ideas. Our main purpose of this stove is to be less dependant on the power companies, and we also love the viewof the roaring fire. So I am sure we will come up with different uses for it.

Puknutz,

"I dont even think I will be using the blower much. Dosn't seem to be needed." Where you live, you're probably correct. However, you will find that when you have very cold weather, and every BTU that your stove puts out replaces a BTU of heat that you have to pay for, you will gain a significant amount of additional heat when you run the blower on high.

Nice stone and setup. Not sure where the door leads, but it appears to be a good spot for a stove. I like the arched opening idea. Was that for heat movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.