Napoleon 1100 smoke/air issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jakee

Oct 27, 2020
New Jersey
Napoleon 1100. I cleaned the chimney end of last season and did it again about a week ago. Air doesn't seem to be flowing right but I tried to deal with it.
I cleaned the fire box out after about a weeks worth of fires. I vacuumed out every vent possible then blew them out with an air compressor, I felt sure it would be like new. Once it got a good bed of coals it seemed to be fine, but getting it there was a smoke problem. That was a few days ago.
When I cleaned the pipe I only went up to the ceiling height because not only just a little creasote came out and previous years there seemed to be nothing to clean as the pipe goes through the attic and then outside.
I had to shut it down this morning because it just seemed to get worse. Past couple days flames wanted to come from the top of the door when I opened it. It generally seemed to not be getting the air that it needed. Never had a problem in the past.

So when it cools down by tomorrow I'll clean the pipe all the way up, but I doubt I'll find anything. I'll blow out all the vents again too.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance