Napoleon 1900 Maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffs

Nov 21, 2005
Central-PA
We're going on year 3 now for our Napoleon 1900. Despite a rough start, I've figured out how to start and run this stove pretty well. I'm wondering now about some of the maintenance items.

We don't burn it all week, just Friday-Monday, so it doesn't get quite the hours on it as someone who burns 24/7 all winter. And I'm very careful not to overfire.

So when should you replace the air manifold shield?
When should you replace the baffles?
What do you look for on these to know if they need replacing?

Our firebrick is still looking good overall (one in the back has a crack through it, but is not crumbling, and still fits together well).

I can still read the words VORTEX on the manifolds, they don't appear too gouged up from logs.

The manifold looks like it sags a little in the middle, but it's looked like that as long as I remember. And it still seems like the it's burning good, secondaries look good.

Door gasket still looks good.

Sounds like you may be in for another season or two of just cleaning. Boring, but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.